Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Office

I wrote this awhile back, but here is my script for an opening sequence for the popular show The Office. Opening sequence *Michael walks in with everyone already in the office* *He yawns excessively before walking into his office* *Camera zooms in on Jim rolling his eyes to Pam* *Camera shows Pam reacting by laughing to loud* *Camera shows Angela rolling her eyes in reaction* *Jim gets up and walks into Michael’s office* Dwight- Where are you going Jim? Jim- Talk to Michael about the girl we're interviewing today. Dwight- Why wasn't this ran through me. I am the assistant to the regional manager. *Jim let's out a sigh* Dwight- Let me through I need to talk too Michael! *Delights shoves Jim who isn't even in the way of Michael's office* *Jim follows him in* Dwight- Michael! Michael- What Dwight. I'm busy with my work. *Michael pushes Legos into his desk* Dwight- Why didn't you come to me about interviewing this new person? Michael- Is that today? Dwight- We don't need anymore people in here we are already to big in here, if you know what I mean with certain salespeople. *Camera zooms in on Phyllis and Stanley reacting to Dwight's comment* Phyllis- Dwight, we can still hear you out here! Dwight- Shut up this doesn't concern you! Phyllis- It still hurts *Camera moves back into Michael's office* Michael- Listen we need a new HR person because… *michael raises his voice* TOBY IS THE WORST *Camera shows Toby and zooms in on his hurt face* Jim- Listen, Dwight, we can always use two HR’s in case one is sick or to help with all the paperwork. Michael- And also fire Toby because he sucks Jim- No Michael not to fire Toby Michael- Whatever it's always a choice we'll have Dwight- I do not approve and I am assistant to the regional manager Michael- No you are not Dwight you made that up Dwight- The new girl doesn't know that Jim- Just stay normal we don't want to scare her off *A young man who looks like Channing Tatum walks in* Meredith- Woof woof who is this Angela- Stop you scare Muffin *Angela reaches in her desk shelf and reaches it in and a meow is heard* Michael- You said he was a she, Jim Jim- Well Taylor generally a female name I didn't know. *Dwight walks out to Taylor* Dwight- Hello good sir, what brings you to Bob’s Refrigeration? Taylor- I think I'm in the wrong building where is Dunder Mifflin *Jim walks out with Michael behind* Jim- Don't listen to Dwight, this is Dunder Mifflin. You must be Taylor Dwight- Damn it Jim what happened to not needing anymore people *Taylor gives a side eye to Dwight* Jim- Let's head into the conference room *Jim leads Taylor into the conference room. Michael and Dwight follows* Jim- So what makes you think you'll be a good fit for our branch? Dwight- Yes why would you pick Scranton of all places? Why would you…? Taylor- I went to college for communications and I saw you had a position open and thought it would be a good way to start my career. Michael- So you don't plan on staying long term...hmmm Taylor- I plan on staying as long as I feel I'm needed *Meredith throws herself on the window in just her underwear* Meredith- Hey big boy Michael- Oh God, Meredith, get the **** out of here! *Jim gets up and closes the blinds* Jim- I am so sorry about that. Now where were we? Taylor- I am staying as long as I'm needed. Jim- Okay, what unique skills will you bring to our staff? Taylor- I feel like I bring a youthful presence to the office Dwight- You hear that Michael? He just called you old. Michael- No, Dwight, he clearly means Creed *camera turns to creed sharpening a pocketknife looking at Angela* Dwight- Do you plan on killing anyone in the future? *camera turns and zooms in on disappointed Jim* Taylor- I don't think so… Dwight- You hesitated Taylor- I don't know if this will work. Michael- It will as long as you just don't kill anyone. If you don't you're hired… *michael raises his voice* SO WE CAN FINALLY GET RID OF THAT WASTE OF LIFE TOBY *Jim buries his head into his hands* Taylor- Yea, I think I'm just going to leave… Dwight- Yes, the exit is just off the roof Jim- I can show you out *skips to them about to walk out of the office downstairs* Taylor- How do you work with those people Jim- I ask myself that everyday. *camera zooms in on Taylor shocked* Jim- Anyways, thanks for considering us, and if you ever want, there will be a place at Dunder Mifflin Taylor- I most likely won't be back, but thanks anyway *Taylor walks away and out the doors and into the parking lot* *Meredith is laying on her van completely naked* Meredith- I saw how you were looking at me in there Taylor- Oh God *Taylor runs to his car and pulls out* *Meredith runs in front of his car and holds out her hands* Meredith- You know you want this! *Taylors hits Meredith and keeps driving off* *opening song* THE OFFICE

No comments:

Post a Comment